Areas requiring volunteers:
— Agricultural Work
We rely on volunteers to complete this vital work in order to make a real difference in the lives of Kenyan people. This is only possible because of your time and generosity!
Your experience volunteering with us will not only allow you to positively impact the world, but you will also have the opportunity to become fully immersed in Kenyan culture.
APPLY NOW AND BECOME PART OF THIS GREAT STAFF TEAM!
Currently, we have projects ongoing in the capital city, Nairobi, as well as in both the Kibera and Mathare Slums, the counties of Kisii, Samburu, and Migori, Mombasa City, the Masai Land, and the Northeastern part of Kenya.
Specify your areas of interest from the list below when applying:
1. Teaching — Basic Spanish, German, English, French, Mathematics, Business Studies, Art, Dance, Home Science, Music, Basic Computer Skills, Sports, etc.
2. Reforestation and trail maintenance.
3. Medical assistant volunteers, dental assistants, nurses, general doctors, and health and hygiene assistant volunteers to help in our Health Clinics.
4. Environmental conservation.
5. Sports — developing the skills and talents of youth and women in sports such as rugby, football, athletics, netball, and basketball.
6. Database and website development, event organizers, fundraising managers, project managers, fieldwork managers, receptionists, marketing managers, editors, translators, videographers, and photographers.
7. The annual building of a school, hospital, homeless shelter or child center.
8. Farming — for volunteers passionate about rural farming, we take part in community farming in order to provide food security.
9. IT and technology.
11. There are also opportunities to take part in outreach programs, community service projects, and empowerment projects for youth and women, as well as visits to refugee camps, children's homes, retirement homes, and rescue centers for street children. Some of the activities involved in these programs include cooking, washing clothes, playing, teaching, and providing emotional, moral, and financial support.
12. We offer a three-month attachment program for university students in order to develop your career. There are also internships for graduates looking to gain experience in their field of interest.
TOURS/ SAFARIS WITH UCESCO:
We provide tours and travel including accommodation services for any guest who needs the service. UCESCO has suitable accommodation, and a tour van with professional tour and travel volunteers to guide you. For more information, you can visit our UCESCO site.
A volunteer does not need to have specific qualifications in order to join our programs. The only exceptions are the following programs where we require professional and qualified volunteers:
1. Medical assistance.
2. Health and hygiene assistance.
3. Dental assistant.
4. Database and website developer.
5. Computer skills teacher.
Couples and Children are also accepted to volunteers as a family in various activities
SIX FEATURES WHICH MAKE THE UCESCO VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE UNIQUE:
1. Truly experience the African way of life.
2. Gain African fluency by living with a host family and sharing life with Locals.
3. Become more passionate about your major and propel your career with international experience.
4. Make memories you'll never forget during weekend excursions with your fellow participants.
5. Take part in safaris and tours.
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- At all costs, avoid paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matches the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers that are too good to be true.