Type-Stick electrode for welding aluminium-silicon alloys
DIN 1732-1:1988: EL – AlSi 12
Welding joints on cast aluminium alloys containing more than 7% silicon. The castings must be preheated at 150 to 200ºC. The E409 electrode should be used preferably in the downhand position, keeping as short an arc as possible (electrode held vertically). Only use dry electrodes. Damp electrodes can be dried at 200ºC.
Silicon alloyed aluminium electrode with good welding properties and high melting rate. The E409 electrode has a special coating and can therefore be stocked for long periods without undergoing changes in properties.
Current mode: DCEP
Chemical analysis of weld deposit, typical values in %:
Si Fe Al
11.00-13.50 0.50 Balance
Tensile strength: >250 N/mm2
Yield strength Rp 1.2: >150 N/mm2
Elongation (1=5 d): >18%
2.4 x 350 70 – 90 @8500 per kg
3.2 x 350 90 – 110 @8000 per kg
4.0 x 350 120 – 130 @8000 per kg
SKU FONWLED E409
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- Avoid at all costs paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matching the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers too good to be true.