FONWELD AF 408
Aluminium-silicon alloy filler rod with corrosive flux core, for gas welding
DIN 1732: SG – AL Si 5
B. S.: NG 21
Welded joints and surfacing on aluminium and aluminium alloys such as: Al Si 5, Al Mg Si 0.5, Al Mg Si 0.8, Al Mg Si 1. Aluminium and aluminium alloys with less than 2% alloying elements, cast aluminium alloys with up to 7% Si content. Tank Construction, aluminium structures, sheet metal work and vehicle construction.
The combination of filler rod and flux facilitates welding and ensures faultless bonding. The weld metal is free of cracks and porosity. Flux residues must always be washed off.
Source of heat:
Excess of acetylene
2.0 x 810mm @9500
3.0 x 810mm @8200
4.0 x 810mm @ 8200
Composition, typical values in %:
Si Fe Al
4.50-5.50 0.4 Balance
Mechanical and physical properties:
Melting range: 573 – 625C
Tensile strength: 118 N/mm2
Yield Strength Rp 0.2: 49 N/mm2
Elongation (I = 5 d): 10 – 17%
Electrical conductivity: 21 Sm/mm2
SKU FONWELD AF408
FONWELD AF 408
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- Avoid at all costs paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matching the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers too good to be true.