The Legendary Baofeng UV-5R is a compact, economical and a Walkie Talkie Radio Call.This model adds a metallic rugged shell, which is more durable than previous models.It has special VHF receive band from 65 - 108 MHz which includes the regular FM broadcast band. Dual watch and dual reception is supported. Up to 128 memory channels.Durability: Don't drop these too much. They aren't cream-puffs but they are not meant to be roughed up like some other radios are. But the build feels solid enough for what it's meant to do.Dual Watch:You can monitor 2 frequencies at a time using the Dual Watch feature. Menu item 7 TDR. TDR Allows monitoring of 2 channels, by toggling between Freq A and Freq B.If a signal is received, the Receive remains on that channel until the signal is gone.
Receive & Transmit Distance: The stock antenna on the UV-5R works OK. For radio-to-radio simplex, you're lucky to get more than 6 miles depending on the terrain. You can replace the antenna on these. Small or big ones are available, with varying performance.The best thing you can do is increase line of sight of the antenna to remove obstacles. Get up high and clear.Do not forget that the range of the radio station is affected by the terrain, the presence of buildings and structures, the height of the correspondents above the level of obstacles, the frequency range of operation, the sensitivity of the receiver, the weather , battery state of charge, use of a standard antenna or selection of third-party antennas, presence of interference.
Baofeng UV-5R Dual Band 2 Way Walkie Talkie Radio Call
Our safety tips
- Listings with a "Shop" tag means that the publisher was curated by Jumia Deals.
- At all costs, avoid paying before seeing the item.
- Avoid sending money through untraceable methods such as Western Union or Mobile Money.
- Thoroughly check the item to make sure it's matches the assumed condition.
- If the seller doesn't have a shop, meet with him in a public place (Mall, Gas station, workplace ...).
- Do not give personal details (bank details, credit card numbers ...).
- Beware of offers that are too good to be true.