This 6 Storey, grade A office building is located in Parklands. It is designed for maximizing natural light and natural ventilation.
These 2 important features are achieved by a large airy central atrium and optimum windows
around the entire building envelope. The atrium roof in particular controls lighting and glare
down the atrium and facilitates natural ventilation through the Chimney Effect. Temperature
sensors are connected to the atrium roof fans to regulate and maintain indoor air temperature.
Additionally, light sensors have been incorporated in the office spaces for Daylight Savings
which indicate to users that they can turn on or off their artificial office lighting. A 20kW solar
PV system on the roof supplies power to the common area lighting of the building on sunny
days. The building has 2 roof top terraces. This is in addition to LED lighting at under 7W/m2
and low flow sanitary fixtures which will save a tremendous amount of water.
Lumen Square is Kenya's 1st pre-certified LEED office building. Leadership in Energy and
Environmental Design (LEED) is a green building certification program developed by the U.S.
Green Building Council (USGBC) that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.
It is a point based rating system for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of
green buildings, homes and neighborhoods.
The building uses 50% less energy and resources compared to a regular office
building in Nairobi. This equates to 50% cost savings in monthly bills.
1. Large, airy atrium,
2. Natural light, natural ventilation,
3. Lots of parking on 3 levels,
4. Ample water storage,
5. Green certification (LEED),
6. Comprehensive backup generator,
7. Wide driveways and parking bays,
8. Shallow slope ramps,
9. Finished private washrooms for office spaces,
10. Extra plumbing points for sinks in office spaces,
11. Water saving washroom fixtures everywhere,
12. Common washrooms on every floor,
13. Finished common washrooms on every floor,
14. LED lighting in common areas,
15. Motion / Light sensors for lights,
16. Plenty of electrical and data points in offices,
17. Adjustable daylight sensors in office spaces,
18. Temperature sensors to maintain indoor temperature and air quality,
19. 2 high speed Schindler lifts,
20. Grade A finishes throughout including spanish tiles,
21. Anti glare glass roof,
22. Solar glass at the front facade,
23. Caretaker / management office.
AREAS AND PARKING
OFFICE AREAS (excluding stairs and lifts)
GROSS AREA CORRIDOR AREA COMMON WC AREA
FIRST FLOOR 2,370 SF 320 SF 85 SF
SECOND FLOOR 5,920 SF 640 SF 310 SF
THIRD FLOOR 5,060 SF 640 SF 310 SF
FOURTH FLOOR 5,060 SF 640 SF 310 SF
FIFTH FLOOR 5,060 SF 640 SF 310 SF
SIXTH FLOOR 5,490 SF 640 SF 310 SF
TOTAL 28,960 SF 3,520 SF 1,635 SF
FIRST FLOOR 4,300 SF
GROUND FLOOR 8040 SF
BASEMENT 1 8,040 SF
BASEMENT 2 4,140 SF
TOTAL PARKING SPOTS: 59
Note: The corridors are wide and can be apportioned to usable area depending
on your needs.
The income per month in terms of rent is 3.7m.
The price is Negotiable.